Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Family room makeover

warrenr
Getting Established

Family room makeover

The kids moved out so it was time to reclaim the family room as our space and with a bit of imagination and research I think we did a great job 

20220703_161757.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Kids moved out

Hello @warrenr

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your family room makeover.

Your family room looks fantastic, would you be able to tell us the areas that you've repaired and upgraded? Are those acoustic tiles on the ceiling? I'm sure movie night is much more relaxed and enjoyable now. 

If you have any other information you can share about the family room build, it would be very much appreciated.

We look forward to hearing more about your family room revamp.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
warrenr
Getting Established

Hi Eric thankyou for the positive feedback .We had quite a bit of damage to plaster walls from storm damage so after roof was repaired I set about removing all wall plaster and replacing with axxon cement sheets .then I did a false ceiling with studs to create a centre area for foam accoustic panels .before plastering the drop ceiling we ran lighting cable for led smart lights which came up fantastic. I installed double slider doors on entry .I ended up using the 1 MTR carpet squares I saw at Bunnings on floor and they worked out perfect over tiles and saved me over $1200 on carpet layers. Porters paint flat on walls .yes we had first movie night last weekend . thankyou for your interest .

20220619_174053.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @warrenr, and a big welcome to the community from me too. This would make an excellent entry into our Australia's Best D.I.Y. project. Would you like me to enter it for you?

Mitchell

Thanks for the encouragement on my Diy project . Yes you can enter it .thankyou 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Terrific @warrenr! I've entered your project for you.

Good luck!

Mitchell

dad's media room.jpeg

warrenr
Getting Established

media room.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects