Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Fish tank stand

barbthebuilder
Finding My Feet

Fish tank stand

Hi all. I'm wanting  to build a basic fish tank stand for my 2ft tank. It will be painted to match my furniture and to add some protection from water etc. I have guesstimated that it needs to be able to support 100kg safely. (Yes it is slightly over what is necessary but better to be too strong than not strong enough.) It will have a slight "lip" around the top and supports about 100mm from ground level. Not 100% sure what to do as a base for the actual tank to sit on. I have attached a screenshot of what is on the shopping list so far. This is my first attempt at building something from scratch so  any ideas or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Screenshot_20190409-231642_Chrome.jpg

For anyone interested, here is the final product. Macca @ Bunnings Dalby was a fantastic help as when I went in, it was discovered that some items weren't available at the Dalby store so he helped me figure out substitutes and cut them all to size for me. The stand is solid as a rock and can hold 100kg easily, I tested it! Lol! And "Schwimmer" seems happier with a better view of what's happening in the house.

20190413_122010.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Fish Tank Stand

Hi @barbthebuilder,

How is Schwimmer doing? I trust he is still enjoying his fantastic new fish tank stand. You should feel proud of your creation - well done!

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, but I wanted to extend a warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're really pleased you could join us and are confident you will get loads of helpful advice and inspiration for future projects from our clever and creative members. Please feel free to post whenever you are comtemplating a new project or need a hand with anything around the house and garden. 

Thanks again for sharing this project with us. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects