I love the way the American farmhouses have those mud rooms. So I have tried to adapt it Aussie style.
I got the plan from Pinterest and all products from Bunnings.
Looks fantastic @Sez, well done! I'm sure this will prove very inspiring to other Workshop members.
Look out for plenty of questions from members coming your way soon so they can replicate your handiwork and creativity...
This looks incredible! I have been wanting to do this exact thing in my house. Can you share the link to the Pinterest plans you used? What was the total cost of this job in the end?
Great to see you join in the discussion after being a member for so long @tesskerridge.
Let me tag @Sez for you so she is alerted to your questions about the plans and the cost.
Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. We look forward to reading more about your own projects and plans soon.
Fantastic outcome! I have a tiny mudroom here that I have been putting off renovating for a while now...
Sometimes the smallest spaces are the trickiest.
Can you share some photos of how you finished the beading and the gyprock wall on the left? I can see that it is flush to the corner.
Thanks for joining in on the discussion. Let me tag @Sez so they are notified of your question.
From the image provided it appears they fixed the timber beading flush against the corner of the wall. Due to walls not always being straight, it is likely they filled in between the timber and wall with a filler to get a perfect transition. I would suggest a Builders Bog for this application as it is stronger than standard cement fillers. You would fill the gap in between the timber and the wall, then sand the filler back till flush. An undercoat would be advisable and then a top coat of interior wall paint.
If you would like further information about the process, please let me know.
Hi,Sorry it’s taken me so long to reply we have had computer issues since we have had to play schools at home. Lol
Im a little embarrassed showing you the plan I followed from Pinterest, only because I’m hopeless at following a plan and changed things as I needed ( and I’m hopeless with a level so every one I know reminds me that most stuff I do is slightly out. I saw it adds character. I would change the bench seat if I had opportunity again by making it level with the end of wall.
Cost of the project was hard to work out but roughly about $60- I think the hooks cost me the most. The bottom half seat thing I used some old hard wood I had pulled out from other Reno’s we have been doing in house.
I just used masking tape to use as a guide on wall and used liquid nails to stick wood on and then one nail each end. I just made each end flush with the ends of wall.