Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Gap on Wall / Corners

nagumuthu
Making a Splash

Gap on Wall / Corners

Hello Members

Referring to attached images, Could you please advice on how to close the gap, materials to be bought from Bunnings & method of doing it.

Gap on Wall Corners_12Aug20 (2).jpegGap on Wall Corners_12Aug20 (1).jpeg

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Wishes

M.Muthu

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Gap on Wall / Corners

Hi @nagumuthu,

I apologise for the delay in my reply. The product that I would recommend is Selleys Gap Filler 435g Spakfilla Heavy-duty Interior And Exterior for both damaged areas pictured.

Here's a step-by-step D.I.Y. article on How to fix a hole in a plaster wall which I trust you'll find useful in the process.

For the damaged corner, you'll want to build up the edge with the Spakfilla and then let it dry. Once the Spakfilla is dry you can take a Uni-pro Cork Sanding Block with some Flexovit 230 x 280mm 180 Grit Painted Surface Sanding Sheet wrapped around it and sand the top surface and then the front surface. By doing this you will re-establish the corner. Re-apply the Spakfilla and repeat this process until the corner is built up to match the rest of the area.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or if you had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello Mitchell,

Thanks for your proposals.

I have added the items proposed to my shopping list and we will try this weekend.

Good on you mate.

Best Wishes

M.Muthu.

Hi @nagumuthu,

We look forward to seeing the results of your repair.

Please let me know if you need assistance whilst completing your project.

Mitchell

Hello Mitchell,

I have completed filling the spaces with following your proposals. The only change is getting 'All Purpose Multifill' (https://www.bunnings.com.au/earl-s-multfill-ready-to-use-filler-0-140kg-cypress_p1661732).

It worked well. Thanks for your help at the right time.

Best Wishes

M.Muthu.

Hi M.Muthu. (@nagumuthu),

The product you have selected is an excellent choice. To assist our members it would be great if you could post some images of the finished wall. That might give them the confidence to attempt a similar repair in their own homes.

We look forward to hearing about your next project and congratulations on an excellent repair.

Mitchell

Hello Mitchell,

Compared photos and posted as below for one location where plaster was applied.

nagumuthu_0-1598388306730.png

Thanks

M.Muthu.

Great job @nagumuthu, glad to see you've fixed the problem.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects