Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Hall table made from wrought iron fence panels

Kimarty56
Cultivating a Following

Hall table made from wrought iron fence panels

20220214_184056.jpg

i forgot to take before pics but 2 rusty/green mouldy old wrought iron fence panels for $20 and made into a hall table

Stuardo
Becoming a Leader

Re: DIY July One mans trash is anothers treasure

I have often seen rusty old wrought iron panels and thought if cleaned up and painted they could be good for something but never had anything in particular in mind.  That is so clever and inspiring @Kimarty56 . 

Stuart.

Kimarty56
Cultivating a Following

Thank you, its my favourite piece, always on the look out for more wrought iron panels but they're hard to come by and you gotta be quick 😀

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Kimarty56

What a clever use of the wrought iron panels. The complicated swirls really catch the eye, can you please tell us how you built the base of the table? It looks quite heavy, what kind of timber did you use? 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kimarty56
Cultivating a Following

Hi Eric, this is my favourite re-do i absolutely love it! The top and base were done in pine bought from Bunnings of course 😀 by my partner who's skills enabled this piece to be created, i only did the work on the cast iron panels and painting. Thank you for your lovely comments and yes its quite heavy!   

Kimarty56
Cultivating a Following

Thank you so much for your lovely words, this is one of my favourite transformations, its a beauty! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects