Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Hamptons-inspired bedside tables

diycollection
Building a Reputation

Hamptons-inspired bedside tables

I wanted to add some Hamptons style bedside tables to my bedroom, so I found some beautiful wooden bedside tables on Facebook marketplace. After cleaning both pieces, I removed the original hardware, filled in the holes, I then lightly sanded both pieces. I purchased untreated framing timber from Bunnings, I cut them to size and glued them to the front of each drawer to create depth. I primed both pieces with a base and blocker to prevent bleed through. I then applied two coats of chalk paint to the front, top and sides of the units and added the matte black hardware. They look fabulous in our master bedroom! 

6F086D11-9470-4FD5-82DC-B2482E343E34.jpeg

7D25851D-6879-482F-A572-F6E7B2FC9068.jpeg

3A75E0EA-01C2-4B6B-BD98-848460311E99.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Hamptons inspired bedside tables

I love your work there @diycollection! It looks like we've both been scouring the Facebook marketplace and rejuvenating bedside cabinets. I just completed a very similar project over the weekend. It's amazing how this type of pine furniture can be given a new lease on life with a bit of effort, paint and new handles.

How'd you go with adding the additional thickness of paint to the top and bottom edge of the draw fronts? Did yours cause any binding, or did you leave them unpainted? I found the added thickness has made my drawers a bit tight now. In the future, I might preempt this and sand down the timber a tad to give me more room for the paint layer.

Well done, and many thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see what you contribute next.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects