Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I repair a loose door handle?

Pammyg
Getting Established

How do I repair a loose door handle?

The door handle is very loose, almost falling off the door. I have wiggled but can’t work out how to tighten. I have studied your how to replace a door handle but mine are a bit different. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

image.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I repair a loose door handle?

Hello @Pammyg 

Thanks for sharing your question about repairing your loose door handle. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the other side of the door? I believe that the adjustment points are on the other side.

Once we see a picture of it, we'll be able to offer more recommendations.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Pammyg
Getting Established

image.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Pammyg 

Thank you for posting that second picture. I suggest having a look at this discussion - How to fit Gainsborough Classic passage set? by @Dubya. You'll note on the discussion that the gold plate cover is attached to a fixing plate. These two parts must be separated in order for you to access the screws that bring the assembly together.

I've placed the assembly diagram below, please have a good look at how the parts go together.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

Pammyg
Getting Established

Thanks Eric I will give it a go tomorrow:))

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @Pammyg 

I have the same issue! lol someone was hanging off the door somehow....  Who knows how lol and now my door handle looks like that. Might give it a go this weekend as well.

Dave

Pammyg
Getting Established

Re: How to fit Gainsborough Classic passage set?

Thanks for all your help, I have tried but to complicate things I broke my left wrist 8 weeks ago and is still not very strong, so I have not had any luck. Now waiting on a visit from my son to give me a hand.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fit Gainsborough Classic passage set?

Hello @Pammyg 

I'm sorry to hear you've injured yourself. I hope that you have a speedy recovery. Please make sure to show your son the diagram I've posted so that they'll have an idea of how it's put together. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let me know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects