Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add vertical divider and shelves to wardrobe?

Janet2
Just Starting Out

How to add vertical divider and shelves to wardrobe?

I have a BIR which is approx. 3000mm wide but only has a hanging rod and nothing else.  I would like to create a several shelves and  keep some hanging space. What is my starting point and do I need to fit 1 or 2 vertical dividers to start?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to add vertical divider and shelves to wardrobe?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Janet2. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about adjusting a built-in wardrobe.

You might like to upload a couple of images of the wardrobe so our members have a better idea of what you're working with. Let me know if you need assistance posting images.

The amount of verticle dividers comes down to how many sets of shelves you wish to create and how much space you wish to dedicate to them. What would be the minimum amount of hanging space you need? I've put together two renderings below, the first illustrating 1500mm hanging and the other 2200mm.

A less time-consuming option than creating the shelving yourself would be to utilise our range of shelving units that could simply be built and placed inside your wardrobe. There is also a heap of Flexi Storage wardrobe solutions that will allow you to customise the space.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects