Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach wood panel to wall?

Mamatha
Finding My Feet

How to attach wood panel to wall?

Want to attach wood panel to coffee table as a wall. I want to add floating shelves to that wall 

Mamatha
Finding My Feet

floating shelves unit as shown in photo

5F457639-0B9B-496A-B5C1-582EB483D963.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: floating shelves unit as shown in photk

Hello @Mamatha 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about adding floating shelves to your coffee table.

Thanks for posting a photo of the type of shelves you are after. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the coffee table? This will give our members an idea of what it looks like. We can then make recommendations on how to attach a panel to your coffee table, which you can then attach floating shelves.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you Eric 🙂

9BE24CEA-F0E2-4F5F-B939-092A92F90294.jpeg

 Similar to this table 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Mamatha,

You'll see that style of tabletop has a lip around the perimeter that overhangs the sides. In order to attach a flat panel to the back, you'll need to use a piece of timber the same thickness as the lip in between the top and bottom edges. You'll likely find something suitable in our range of DAR Pine. With the timber inserted at the rear, you'll have a flat surface to mount the verticle wood panel. You might like to use one of our timber project panels. If the project panel is too long, then you might be able to use a section of it for the extension to the rear. The extension section and project panel can then be screwed to the rear of the coffee table. Make sure to select screws that won't penetrate so far through the back that they impede the drawer from fully closing. I've created some renderings for you below to illustrate the process.

Once the panel is in position, you'll be able to fix floating shelves to it.

It would likely be best to fix this unit to a wall to prevent it from toppling over. Also, remember your PPE when cutting timber, including a face mask and safety glasses.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

C1.pngC2.pngC3.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks a lot Mitchell for explaining everything in so detail and even the images which will help me to refer to 😊

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects