Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build DIY tile table?

jrr2022
Just Starting Out

How to build DIY tile table?

Hi! 

I am wanting to make the viral pink tile table as a vanity for my room. Having read all the threads on the Bunnings Workshop site, I am still confused if I am on the right track to make this project. Any assistance would be amazing!

ikon1.jpg

I have measured the area where this would be placed and I would require it to be

Length: 90cm 

Width: 30cm 

Height: 75cm 

How do I go about building the table itself? What must I ask for at Bunnings to achieve this in a sturdy and cost effective way? 

Then once built, I am under the impression that I will need:

Paint Bonding Primer

Pink Paint 

Clear Coat Paint Sealant

Tiles 

Premixed Tile Glue 

Non-Sanded Grout 

Tile and Grout Sealer 

Am I right about this? 

Thank you!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: DIY Pink Tile Table

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jrr2022. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about tiled tables.

I'm sure our members will be keen to assist you with your project. Is there anything in particular that you're confused about, or do you have any questions our members could answer for you?

I note that you've read all the threads on Workshop about tiled tables, but did you come across the one where I specify the materials you'll need? This White Knight 500ml White Prep Rite Grip-Lock Primer will be handy to assist your pink paint in adhering. Your list sounds about right, but you might need to discuss your clear coat paint requirements with a helpful team member in-store.

We'll be keen to follow along with your project and assist with any questions you might have. I'm sure @lifestylebymari will be eager to see what you come up with.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you for your reply!

I went to bunnings to buy the dimensions you suggested in the other post, and they actually don't sell the MDP panel with 25mm or anything near to what was written in the original post. 

Sadly, might have to put this project on hold till I can figure out how to create that 50mm thickness in the dimensions I am after. 

Thanks for your help. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Sorry for the confusion, @jrr2022. The 2400 x 1200mm 25mm MDF Panel Moisture Resistant is a product that your local store's Special Order team will need to order for you. Alternatively, you could likely use 2400 x 1200mm 18mm MDF Panel Standard if you glued three thicknesses together instead of the two 25mm. That will give you an overall thickness of 54mm, but that should still be workable, I'd believe.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects