Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a DIY Lightboard?

JustinMcAbbe
Cultivating a Following

How to build a DIY Lightboard?

Hi Team,

I am looking to may my own Lightboard as per the following youtube example ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agsUU9i__hc

and this example - https://learningglass.eu/products-en/ic-lge/ Something that will fit on a normal desk for a Webcam, dont need the lights, just the Plastic glass and frame1.png

I wanted to get some suggestion to the parts and to make the frame, probably can do it out of wood 

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: How to build a DIY Lightboard?

Hello @JustinMcAbbe 

I just had a look on the Bunnings website and came up with this. 900 * 600mm clear acrylic sheet Its supposed to be light weight.

Looking at that style design you could use Lattice extension leg so you could mount the LED's first then the sheet on top. Maybe rivit or bolt the chanel to each other?

Or timber if you wanted a timber frame I have seen them for lattice framing with a channel cut into one side. (cant find it on the Bunnings webside but have it at home) 

Would be interesting to see what you build :smile:

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a DIY Lightboard?

Hello @JustinMcAbbe 

Thanks for sharing your question about building a D.I.Y lightboard. It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Dave-1. Just to add to the suggestions made, I recommend having a look at using 42 x 19mm 2.4m DAR Pine Premium. It will be much easier to use as it already has a dressed finish on its surface and will not require heavy sanding. I also suggest looking at Pine Moulding for edging to hold the Perspex in place.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects