Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a kids Montessori bed?

lidy16
Just Starting Out

How to build a kids Montessori bed?

IMG_0674.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: hallo,id like to build a montessori beds for my kids but i dont know where to start with this

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @lidy16. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about constructing a bed frame.

It appears the majority of the froma is made from 42 x 42mm DAR Pine, and the dowels look to be around 12mm. It's best to break the project into sections so you can better understand how it's constructed. I've put a couple of renderings together for you below that should hopefully assist.

You'll begin by determining the frame's dimensions to suit your mattress. Then, cut the 42mm timber for the horizontal and vertical rails. Those will need 12.5mm holes drilled in them to accommodate the dowels. The dowels get inserted, and then the rails screwed together. The four sections can then be joined to create the frame. I'd suggest 60mm timber screws would be an appropriate choice for the projects.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: hallo,id like to build a montessori beds for my kids but i dont know where to start with this

hi mitchell

thanks for the response

the problem is i don’t hv any of the tools needed to prepare the frame

does bunnings provide the cutting of the woods at all??

TIA

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @lidy16,

As per the popular topic Does Bunnings cut timber to size, many Bunnings stores have a timber cutting service but the service is for helping you to get your timber home. Because of the nature of the saws, precise cuts are not possible. 

This project would be a great way to learn new skills. I would recommend starting with the guide How to use power saws. Have a read and let us know if you have any questions about next steps.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects