Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill hole in internal brick wall?

Bridget9
Finding My Feet

How to fill hole in internal brick wall?

Hi all,

Looking for recommendations on how and what to fill holes throughout house from old curtain rod holes please.

The house is double brick wall and I'd like to eventually be able to put new curtain rods etc up in similar spot.

As you can see some are quite large, the larger is around 2.5 inches deep and around an inch wide. 

Thankyou!

20240120_173541.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Filling Hole in Internal Brick Wall

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Bridget9. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about filling holes.

The easiest option would be to fill these holes with Earl's 1kg Concremate Expanding Cement and then drill offsetted holes for the new curtain rail. However, if the new rail fixing must go in the same position, you can use this cement to bed them into position. Simply place the filler into the holes and then tap the fixing into position. You can then smooth the filler around the fixing.

When filling, ensure that you only bring the filler flush with the surface, as this will reduce the amount of sanding needed after the filler has set. A small pointing trowel or paddle pop stick will be of assistance when pushing the filler into the hole.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects