Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a cupboard door?

NumeroUno
Cultivating a Following

How to fix a cupboard door?

Hi

I have a cupboard door the living room thats snapped off. The door needs a new hinge and the screw holes on the frame are worn out.

What hinge at bunnings is required?

What do i cover the frame screw holes with so that when the hinge is reattached and screwed onto the frame, that it remains fixed and tight?

Attached are a few pics.

20230329_120356.jpg

20230329_120335.jpg

20230329_120329.jpg

Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix a cupboard door?

Hello @NumeroUno 

I suggest taking one of the old hinges off and comparing it to the Hafele 105° Full Overlay Clip On Hinge - 1 Pair at the store to make sure that it is the same size as your old one. 

In regards to the holes in your cabinet frame, I suggest getting a barbeque stick and applying some Gorilla 236ml Wood Glue and forcing it into the screw holes. I recommend using your side cutters to cut the stick and sanding down the excess. If the hole is still too big just keep putting in more of the stick until it is full. Once the glue has cured, you can then screw the new hinge receivers in place.

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when working on your cabinet.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects