Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a loose shelf in walk-in wardrobe?

hesamshimi
Cultivating a Following

How to fix a loose shelf in walk-in wardrobe?

Hello

I have a loose shelf in my walkin wardrobe as in pics. I cannot drill a support as nail/screw will hit

the sliding door. What's the best option to fix this ?

20231219_083914.jpg

20231219_083921.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: loose shelf in walk-in wardrobe

Hello @hesamshimi 

I suggest using GripIt 25mm Blue Plasterboard Fixing - 4 Pack in combination with Zenith 25mm Stainless Steel Angle Bracket. The general steps will be to position the angle bracket at the bottom and mark the drill holes with a pencil. The Gripit wall mount will only occupy the thickness of the plasterboard and a few millimetres of space inside the wall. 

Once you've installed the Gripit wall mount install the angle bracket using the supplied screws.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: loose shelf in walk-in wardrobe

Hi @hesamshimi 

@EricL   Way will work  well. 

A simple alternative would be to liquid nail a  (a contact super strong builders adhesive) a stripe of timber support 40mm tall and 19mm thick by the inside length under your shelf Proping  up or tapeing the shelf into place  for 12 hours.  Also tape new timber support into place as glue will slide a bit when fresh. Or screw the support timber to the wall with 30mm screws just until glue sets.

The piece of timber glued to the wall will  hold well for 10KG plus a bit. but that shelf cant hold a lot of weight.  Try moving the heavy stuff to the other end where the shelf maybe  screwed to a stud.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects