Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix damage caused by wall hooks?

ariaw
Just Starting Out

How to fix damage caused by wall hooks?

I took the hook off the wall and paint ripped off along with it. I am renting and don't know much about repairing. Don't know if plaster came off as well and if that needs fixing or does it just need to be sanded then painted over? If anyone can help that'd be great. 

IMG_4876 Small.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do you fix paint damage caused by easy off wall hooks?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ariaw. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing a wall.

You'll need to apply a very thin coat of plaster filler. The hook has torn a very thin layer of paper off the wall sheet. If you don't fill this thickness, it is likely you'll see the damage through the paint. Apply some filler, wait for it to dry and then sand with 240-grit sandpaper so it's flush with the surrounding surface. Prime the repaired area and allow it to dry. You can then apply a topcoat paint colour-matched to your wall paint. A sample pot will be all you need.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to fix damage caused by wall hooks?

Hi @ariaw,

I trust Mitch's reply was helpful. Let us know if you have further questions. I'm sure members would also love to hear how you went with the repair if it is complete. 

Welcome to the community,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects