Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix paint damage caused by easy off wall hooks?

asandhu
Just Starting Out

How to fix paint damage caused by easy off wall hooks?

Can anyone please help me how to fix this? I took the hook off the wall and paint came off with this. I am renting and dont want to loose my bond money in this. 

TIA

20201221_100611.jpg

16085171168165282246368042475117.jpg

16085171329181559112907215175237.jpg

  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to fix paint damage caused by easy off wall hooks

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @asandhu. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

You should find this step-by-step guide helpful: How to patch plaster. To complete an unnoticeable repair, you must get a close match of paint to cover the area. You can either take a 10 cent sized paint chip into one of our stores, or you could pick up several white/off-white colour cards and match them against the wall.

This is not the type of damage that you would typically forfeit an entire bond over. It's an accident that a professional can quickly fix for a reasonable amount of money.

If you have any more of these, you need to pull down on the release tab. It appears the release tab broke in this case and then you needed to pull the hook off. If the tab ever breaks, place dental floss behind the hook. Whilst holding either end of it use a sawing motion to cut the adhesive pad off the wall. You'll then be able to clean the residue off.

Please let me know if you need further help or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
woodenwookie
Making a Splash

Re: how to fix paint damage caused by easy off wall hooks

Just did this myself. Polyfilla works a treat. Then just sand and paint. As Mitchell said, just take a piece into Bunnings paint and they’ll be able to make it up for you.

As for bond. Unless your landlord is a jerk you should be right, especially if you’ve done best efforts to fix.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to fix paint damage caused by easy off wall hooks?

Let us know how you go with the repair work @asandhu and if you need any further assistance. We're here to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects