Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to frame a canvas painting

sanjurajan
Growing in Experience

How to frame a canvas painting

canvas.jpegHi, 

Excited to have joined the bunnings workshop.

I have a canvas painting of size 3feet x 3feet which we would like to frame. What are the options that I have?

Does Bunnings have ready-made frames of this size? Or do I need to make a frame with wood ?

Also what tools are required to accomplish this?

I'm a complete newbie, hence suggestions are highly appreciated in finishing my first DIY project with your help

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to frame a canvas painting

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sanjurajan. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about picture framing.

We don't have any pre-made picture frames suitable for your print size. However, we have picture frame moulding for you to create your frame.

I'm sure you'll find this step-by-step guide helpful with your project: How to make a D.I.Y. picture frame.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance. We look forward to seeing your framed canvas painting.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@MitchellMc - Thanks a lot for the suggestion regarding picture frame moulds. I'll check that at the store.

Alternatively, would you have simple timber strips as shown in the video below to make canvas frames?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNti5Kovusg&list=FL5DGfO9fHwcJ-oVhn_hAJmw&index=2

Thanks

Sanju

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @sanjurajan

Yes, you can get thin pieces of timber a good example is the Porta 20 x 4mm 2.4m Moulding Tasmanian Oak Coverstrip Square Edge Select. I suggest using a fine tooth saw to avoid splitting the wood.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your canvas frame assembled.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects