Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hang a mirror on a painted brick wall?

jessi
Just Starting Out

How to hang a mirror on a painted brick wall?

I have a mirror around 5kg I want to hang and it has a thick leather strap to hang from.

What tools and pieces will I need to hang it?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how fo i hang a mirror on a painted brick wall?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jessi. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question on how to hang a mirror.

Would you mind uploading an image of this thick leather strap? It sounds like a slightly unconventional way of hanging a mirror, so it would be helpful for our members whilst offering solutions to know exactly what you are working with.

Depending on the size of this leather strap, could it be hung over an Adoored Silver Zieta Wall Mount Hook? If so, a STAHL Masonry Kit 6mm Drill With 35mm Red Wall Plugs kit could be used to install it onto a brick wall. If the hook is going to be visible, you might like to swap the silver screws out to Pinnacle 4.0 x 25mm Black Countersunk Timber Screws for aesthetical reasons. You'll need a drill capable of hammer function to drill holes in the brickwork, a hammer to secure the plastic plugs into the wall and a screwdriver to attach the hook to the plugs. Alternatively, you could just install a Ramset 8 x 45mm DynaBolt Plus Hook Opening Bolt directly into the brickwork. This will be functional, though not as pleasing to the eye.

I'll be looking forward to hearing more details about this leather strap hanging system and providing a solution for your project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects