Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hang a wall clock on wall without nail?

hassanfarouk
Just Starting Out

How to hang a wall clock on wall without nail?

Hi Community,

I need to hang a wall clock on my living room wall without nails as it is a rented property. I have been trying to use 3M Command Sticking Hooks with a weight rate of 2.2 kg however that has failed. I cannot use the Command strips as there is no place on the back of the clock where the strip can be placed so that it attaches to the wall. I am kinda confused. Will appreciate any help here. The weight of the clock is 2.2 kg

C25E9E16-2F6E-4822-80CB-2EF2BF9861CE.jpeg

0F4E6997-C6D0-4C69-A07F-A803205DA080.jpeg

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Re: How to hang a wall clock on wall without nail?

So the 3M's don't work? They're rated for 3.6kg and seem to have a little thing on it just for hanging things like a clock off of.

Ultimately when we rented we just used nails and made a note to repair the holes when we were leaving. A wall repair kit costs $13.89 and a sample pot of matched paint costs $5-ish? A lot easier than dealing with those adheasive strips that often do more damage being taken down than a nail ever would. 

Remarka6le
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to hang a wall clock on wall without nail?

Hi @hassanfarouk,

Did you clean the area of the wall with rubbing alcohol before adhering the strip? It's important that the wall is clean for the best adhesion.

How heavy is the clock? I can see you mentioned it is 2.2kg, but that seems unusual as it's the exact same weight as the hooks rating. Is this a typo? 

Are there any timber studs in the area? You can locate them with a stud detector. As @Remarka6le has mentioned, placing one nail into the timber stud might be best as it will support the clock without issue. You could ask the property manager if a single hole would be acceptable if you were to repair it when leaving. 

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects