Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install VJ panelling?

Liv95
Getting Established

How to install VJ panelling?

IMG_2432.jpeg

IMG_2431.jpeg

I am wanting to do something similar to this in our living room but I am unsure about what to do with the cornice and skirting boards.. do you leave them, remove them or add them back on top? I’ve also included a photo of our lounge area now (photo with the aircon is ours). 

Marty_greenshed
Having an Impact

Re: How to install VJ Panelling

G'day @Liv95 ,

You can do it either way, and is completely up to your personal preference and what you think would look good or not.  If you remove the cornice, it may be hard to put the same cornice back up as it can be quite hard to remove and reuse the same cornice given the cornice cement used to apply it.  So you might be up for new cornice.  And with using just VJ and no cornice, ensure you cut it exactly to your ceiling to floor height from wall to wall (ceiling may not be square) If it's not square, then use cornice to hide gaps etc.

Cheers

Marty

Re: How to install VJ Panelling

Thanks Marty!! 😁😁

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to install VJ panelling?

Keep us updated with this project @Liv95. Our community members love VJ projects and I'm sure will be inspired by what you achieve.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects