Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a Concertina door in a doorway with skirting?

Thoo
Getting Established

How to install a Concertina door in a doorway with skirting?

Hello bunnings community,

I'm after some advice on how to tackle this project.

I am hoping to install a concertina door in this doorway as shown in the picture.

The height is approximately 203-204cm. The width at the waist level is 87cm, however it is 82cm at the floor level where there are skirting boards. 

I'm wondering how to I install the concertina door to accommodate the skirting?

Thanks!

e3ad4516-55e9-4804-b675-81aaac25616d.jpg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to install a concertina door in a doorway with skirting

Hi @Thoo 

From  what I am seeing you might need to trim take out the skirting board as the door looks a flush fit indide the door jambs on the models I looked at.

After that the door should fit properly.

Or you only needto make a gap in the end skirting board wide  enough to mount the end channel mounting.  Might be neater.

To  do this easier  use a osolating multi tool and  flat  blade.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install a Concertina door in a doorway with skirting?

Hello @Thoo 

I suggest having a look at the Pillar 85 x 203cm White Oak San Marino PVC Concertina Door. It's very close to your required measurements, but if you are worried that it will not fit, I suggest adding a Porta 40 x 5mm 2.4m Moulding Pine Round Edging Clear. This will bring down the opening size of your walkway down to 82cm.

In regards to your skirting boards, they will need to be cut in order for the concertina door frame to fit in. I recommend using a multitool to cut a channel in the skirting board so that the metal door frame will sit flush to the wall.

Here is a handy link on how to put it together: Pillar Concertina Door Installation 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects