Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install plasterboard sheets?

tom138
Having an Impact

How to install plasterboard sheets?

All right, here we go. Planning another project :wink:

I am getting the asbestos containing internal wall and ceiling lining removed from two bedrooms and so I need to reline with Gyprock.

Haven’t never done this I have few newbie questions:

• I’ve seen few install videos and they always put an offcut under a sheet to form a gap between floor and sheet. How is this gap sealed? Or you are supposed to leave it and cover it with skirting boards?
  • How do I work around existing window casings/sills and door frames?

2E74D408-75CA-4A75-9A00-DBC01A3BC759.jpeg

CF434D44-576F-472B-B8CD-5074BBB97D44.jpeg

• We have got exposed beams as seen in the attached photo. How does one plaster around those?

D2D75D21-8DC4-44FC-9570-7461AAC8AF25.jpeg

54AA35FC-90CA-411C-B66A-EBC331EA3B8B.jpeg

• Insulation - can I put battens into the wall cavity from the inside even though there is no vapour barrier between behind the cladding?

Any advise is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Re: How to installing platerboard sheets?

Morning @tom138 

:smile: I know that "bothering feeling" and its usually better to have it gone. Cant wait to see the project when its done :smile:

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install plasterboard sheets?

Hello @tom138 

My apologies for the late reply. The K3 can be ordered at the trade desk. Please note that it comes in 12 pack quantities, so if you decide to use this, it's best to double check the quantity that you'll need for your project. The sheets come in standard size 2400 x 1200 and its always advisable to inquire about the turnaround time so that you'll have a good idea when it will be delivered.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects