Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install rental-friendly curtains?

Tash92
Just Starting Out

How to install rental-friendly curtains?

I’m in a rental with blinds in the bedroom that let light in as they are set within the window frame so not quite full coverage. Looking for ideas on how I can install a curtain that sits above the window and covers all the way without drilling into the wall

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: rental friendly curtain ideas

Hello @Tash92 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about curtain ideas.

I'm thinking that it might be possible to remove your blinds and use the mounting points to install a piece of timber that you can attach the curtains to. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the location of the blind. This will give our members a chance to assess its location. We can then make recommendations on how to proceed.

If you need a hand posting the photos, please let, me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to install rental-friendly curtains?

Hi @Tash92,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We trust you'll get plenty of inspiration and helpful advice from our clever and creative members.

I think this is a scenario where a friendly chat with your landlord is in order. It's certainly not an unreasonable expectation to have full blockout curtains or blinds in a bedroom. The landlord might not be aware of the problem and be happy to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects