Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to make this bedframe look more polished and eyecatching?

Jubin
Finding My Feet

How to make this bedframe look more polished and eyecatching?

Hello everyone, Glad to be a part of this amazing group. I got this Tawny colour bed frame. I wanted to make it look more polished and shiny.

Could you please suggest how I can achieve that without sanding?  Attached is the pic now and  shown in the actual store website. 

IMG_4402.jpeg

IMG_4414.png

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to make this bedframe look more polished and eyecatching?

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @Jubin. We're delighted to have you join our community and trust you'll find the site a great place full of inspiring ideas and handy advice for your D.I.Y. projects.

Thank you for your question. Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc will be happy to assist as soon as he can. In the meantime, let me tag our ever-helpful members @Jewelleryrescue@Renowayoflife@daniknight4 and @DIYGnome in case they have any thoughts.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Jubin 

You can  simply use  the old school furnature wax formulations  normally they look great and quite often a have a pleasing fragrance too.

But if you wanted a  permanent Gloss shine then a great indoor  Gloss varnish that will last for years is  (You can get gloss or  satin finish)

Feast Watson 500ml Gloss Clear Varnish

I/N: 1520127

$35

Thank you 🤩 Is the Feast Watson gloss clear varnish permanent one?

Do I require to do sanding or I can just apply on it?

TIA

Thank you for the update!

Hi @Jubin 

Feast watson is  the permanent one as the furnature you are buying is new and clean  no  sanding  required.  Apply varnish  sparingly to try avoid  drips in you project.  Wipe excess varnish off brush each time you dip  brush. as a guide.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Jubin,

It's great to see the knowledgeable @Jewelleryrescue has already answered your questions and provided an excellent product to suit your needs.

Please let us know if you have further questions and update us with a finished image; we'd be keen to see your results.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects