Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to paint over stain on ceiling?

muna
Getting Established

How to paint over stain on ceiling?

Hey I had satin on my filing I did use oil stain cover and gave a first coat I’m not sure if I had to 2 cots I did paint my first cot and I can still see the where I stain cover I used this please  help what I can do in this case 

image.jpg

image.jpg

JacobZ95
Growing in Experience

Re: How to paint over stain on ceiling?

Hi @muna,

Did you have water stains on the ceiling?

If so, maybe have a look through this helpful thread - How do you remove water stains from a ceiling.

If the stain was mould related, unfortunately it's likely you'll have to replace the plasterboard.

If you have more information, I can help further.

Jacob

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to paint over stain on ceiling?

Hi @muna,

If you can see the stain through the first coat of Coverstain then I would apply a second coat. The image might not represent the issue, but it appears that we can only see the difference in the Coverstain white and the ceiling paint white. Once you can't see the stain through the Coverstain you're free to apply your top coat.

Just re-reading your post, have you applied your first coat of white ceiling paint and can see the Coverstain product under it? If so, you might like to do a second or third coat to cover it entirely.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects