Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove marks from a red feature wall?

emendee
Finding My Feet

How to remove marks from a red feature wall?

Hi!  I am hoping someone may be able to assist us with an issue we have.  My husband and I painted a feature wall red - looks fantastic.  We recently had our floors resanded/sealed and the "builders clean" at the end of the job have wiped all over our red wall.  Don't know what with but you can see all the wipe marks, including where they didn't wipe!    Are we going to have to repaint the wall or can someone suggest a way of wiping the whole wall down without leaving streak marks?  

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Cheers

Deb

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Re: How to remove marks from a red feature wall?

Hi @emendee 

Maybe try cleaning them with Selleys sugar soap and dry with a cloth as you go to prevent streaks. 

Thank you prettyliving, we will give that a try.  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi Deb (@emendee),

It's great to see you've already received a helpful reply from the very knowledgeable @prettyliving.

Please let us know if the sugar soap is successful in removing the marks. If not you might like to upload some images so our members can get a better idea of what the marks are. Would it also be possible to ask the builders what they used on the wall?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell, unfortunately it was the builders ‘cleaners’ and as this was an insurance job, neither are being helpful.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects