Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove sliding doors?

Psychefelic
Just Starting Out

How to remove sliding doors?

Hi, I'm wondering if someone could explain how to remove sliding doors. I'd like to replace all the old brush seal on the sliding doors in our bedrooms and living room. But first I'd need to remove the doors. Any advice here? From youtube apparently there are screws on the bottom. It looks like for my door there might be four but unsure, can someone confirm? Photos of one of the sliding doors are attached. Thanks in advance.

1000019292.jpg

  1000019293.jpg

1000019294.jpg

1000019295.jpg

1000019296.jpg

  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove sliding doors?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Psychefelic. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing sliding doors.

You might not need to touch any screws to remove the doors. First, with a helper, both hold the vertical frame on both sides of the door. At the same time, lift directly upwards. Try swinging the bottom of the door out once you hit the top of the frame. Typically there is enough room to pick the door up into the top rebated section to allow the bottom of it to clear the lower frame. Failing that working, you might need to undo the lower and upper screws, which retract the internal rollers. With the rollers retracted, there will be enough room to follow the above method. There do appear to be four adjustment screws on your doors. Start by retracting the upper rollers and try the lifting method again. If there's no success, retract the lower rollers. Generally, the rollers are retracted by turning the screws anti-clockwise.

Be cautious with the glass door, as the glass can shatter easily if bumped. Remember your PPE, including a long-sleeved shirt, pants, gloves, safety glasses and enclosed footwear.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects