Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove water stain on timber floors

Bisnes83
Just Starting Out

How to remove water stain on timber floors

Hi, 

I left my we cooler on my timber floor for a couple days and now it has a white stain, any cleaning product I can use to remove it ?

Thank you 

Abraham  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove water stain on timber floors

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Abraham (@Bisnes83). It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Is there any chance you could post some images, so our members have a better idea of what you are dealing with? Does your timber floor have any type of coating or sealer on it?

If the floor is finished with a wax or stain, very gently rub the water stain on the wood with SIFA 50g Super Fine Grade 0000 Steel Wool Hobby Pack. If this removes the watermark, then stain, wax, and buff by hand.

For floors with a hard surface finish, you might like to start with a mild cleaner like Mop and Glo and a soft scrubbing brush. You can also try using the steel wool, and you'll likely need to re-coat the area with the same sealer when finished.

Please let us know if you need further help or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove water stain on timber floors

Did you have any luck removing that stain Abraham (@Bisnes83)? I'd be interested in hearing how you went.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects