Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair small holes in wall?

Alisha1
Just Starting Out

How to repair small holes in wall?

Hi Everyone, I need some advice. I have some really small holes or dents in the wall from toys hitting the wall by my toddlers. What is the best product to use to fill these back in? Need something that is super simple and fast at drying.

16197330570405145463192121602084.jpg

Prawns
Becoming a Leader

Re: How to repair small holes in wall?

plaster of paris mix (in a pinch) and a small trowel to put it on, once its dried you will probably want a sanding block to sand it flat again. I got so many dents etc here I just buy bulk bog pre mix lol  
https://www.bunnings.com.au/gyprock-csr-1-5kg-diy-rapid-plaster-repair-kit_p0730662

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair small holes in wall?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Alisha1. It's wonderful that you've joined us and many thanks for your question.

It's great to see you've already received a helpful reply from @Prawns.

I should follow their advice and purchase something of a larger quantity, as I have plenty of those dents around my home. I normally pick up a premixed container of Selleys 180g Spakfilla Rapid Gap Filler. They come with a convenient little application spatula used to push the filler into the gap. Once the filler has dried, sand it back smooth with the surrounding plaster using 120-grit sandpaper and a sanding block. When you've finished sanding, apply some British Paints 100ml White Prep 4 In 1 Water Based Primer Sealer Undercoat and then topcoat with a low sheen interior paint.

Please let us know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects