Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to secure a free standing bedhead?

Wouldy
Making a Splash

How to secure a free standing bedhead?

IMG20210817175421.jpg

IMG20210817161632.jpg

Hi all. 

I recently bought this bed. It's an awesome bed. The headboard is not the original. 

The headboard is not secured to the bed, it is free standing. 

I actually do not want to secure it to the bed at this point. What I do want to do is secure it without much fuss and work. I don't have a lot if spare time right now. 

The issue with headboard is that it knocks against my wall. Even though it is very heavy, I need to secure it more firmly so it doesn't move and it doesn't knock against my wall. It's obviously sitting in carpet. 

I'd like some no fuss, easy way to secure the headboard without securing it to the actual bed frame. 

I am a renter, I do not own the house and will probably be moving out early next year so can't have anything that is going to be permanent. 

As I have said time here is an issue, hence why I just need a simple no fuss solution just for now. 

Thank you. 

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Secure a free standing bedhead

Hi @Wouldy

Here's a temporary fix, 3M removable adhesive strips or similar, available from Bunnings.

JoeAzza_0-1629935377587.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to secure a free standing bedhead?

Hello @Wouldy

It's great that you've received fantastic advice from @JoeAzza. To add to his suggestion you can also use Grunt 25mm x 0.5m Pull Tie Down Strap - 2 Pack. Wrap the strap to the headboard and leg and hook back into the clasp for a firm hold. This should provide you with a firm hold, when the time comes to move you simply unclasp the strap and it's ready to go. The best part is that you can repeat the process when you get to your new house. Please keep us updated.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Secure a free standing bedhead

@JoeAzza 

Thank you. I have decided to go down this route. It will work. ✌️

Wouldy

Re: How to secure a free standing bedhead?

@EricL 

Thank you. Another good suggestion. I have decided to go with Joe's suggestion as it is better for me. 

Cheers Eric. 

Wouldy

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects