Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stick acoustic panels to the wall?

KC2
Getting Established

How to stick acoustic panels to the wall?

I tried sticking 50cm x 50cm acoustic panels to the wall using double sided tape. The side on the wall is rock solid but the other side on the panel kept falling off. 

Is there another way to do this and making sure it doesn't fall off? Thanks.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to stick acoustic panels to the wall?

Hello @KC2 

In order to get a better idea of what you are mounting to, would it be possible for you to post a photo of your wall? Can you also please tell us which acoustic panel you've purchased? Double sided tape is a good adhesive, but it does not do so well on rough porous surfaces or surfaces with bundled fibre. Once our members see the photo, we should be able to make recommendations on the best way to mount the acoustic panels.   

If you need a hand posting the pictures, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
KC2
Getting Established

I live in an apartment and I think the wall is gyprock. Also attached are photos of the acoustic panel and the wall. 

Thanks 
Kelvin

20230313_190746.jpg20230313_190811.jpg

20230313_190857.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @KC2 

Are you planning to remove these panels at some time in the future? Or will you be attaching them permanently to the wall? Is the acoustic panel made of hard foam type material or is it soft foam? 

Because of its porous nature, I suggest using Parfix 300g Clear All Purpose Silicone. It's highly flexible, and is noncorrosive which makes it safe to use on foam and rubber materials. I propose using masking tape to keep the panels up on the wall until the silicone cures.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects