Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to turn vintage sewing machine into dressing table

bellee78
Growing in Experience

How to turn vintage sewing machine into dressing table

725C5DF6-4179-4DA3-85A5-9618F9AFDA64.jpeg

I was always passionate to antique/vintage stuff. Since I moved to Australia, I found lots of vintage furnitures such as vintage treadle sewing machine.

8ED5F5B2-5523-4056-83F7-20C9B4D43CF0.jpeg

I bought one from Facebook market and dismantled into parts. The challenge was to make a wooden box fits into the hole where the sewing machine was.

93DD64E4-C245-4BEE-94D0-42AF50B18EE3.jpeg

Wanted to play with chalk paint so I bought Rust-oleum chalked paint linen white colour for top wooden parts and Dulux spray paint for bottom cast iron parts. After I made it, it looked very charming and very practical to use as a dressing table.

9DA66CD0-03D1-4703-9F09-2BF1B5744F06.jpeg

Happy to visit Bunnings stores where I can get playful inspiration! 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to turn vibtage sewing machind into dressing table

Well done @bellee78 and many thanks for sharing your project with the Bunnings Workshop community. We're really pleased to have you join us as it looks like you have some great ideas, experience and creativity to share with others. What are you planning next?

Welcome to the community. Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, or have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects