Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ideas wanted for kids bedroom layout

Mwilson
Getting Established

Ideas wanted for kids bedroom layout

1EE850EE-7190-4F87-B529-7EFC452E4685.jpeg

 this is my sons Room a little has changed. Skirting boards are on just waiting for a fresh paint and carpets to be done. I need ideas for shelving , blinds , where to have his bed what to have in his room ect. Throw every idea u got at me please. Very appreciative. His only 2 years old but I want it to be the greatest. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ideas wanted for kids bedroom layout

Hello @Mwilson

My apologies for the late reply. Thank you for sharing your question about layout ideas for a child's bedroom. One of the best things you can install in the room are shelves for books and dedicated storage for toys. I'm talking about floor-to-ceiling shelves and using Inabox Storage Crate - 25L to store toys and be stacked in custom timber frames so you can easily pull them out. 

The other item that is a must for the room is a dedicated craft table. All the glue, crayons, watercolours and safety scissors are all located in one space. A large long table where they can cut and draw to their heart's content. If I come up with any other ideas I'll be sure to post them in this discussion.

Let me tag our experienced members @prettyliving @craftyhopper and @redbournreno for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

@Mwilson can I suggest some opening shelving like floating shelves where he can display some of his favourite things/toys. 
If he’s into cars/trucks etc you could always pickup up a car track rug/mat. When my son was that age we had one in his room and he played with it all the time 😊

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @prettyliving

I totally forgot about the car/truck rug mat! My son loved those when he was around that age. For sure it will be a big hit in the room.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects