Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is Dulux water-based paint safe for baby cot?

katrinakate
Just Starting Out

Is Dulux water-based paint safe for baby cot?

We have purchased a paint at Bunnings to repaint a baby cot.

The staff said it was okay for us to use it and won’t be harmful. How true is this? We have not used the cot as we are thinking twice of using it after reading  all health issues concerning baby cot safety.

The name of the paint is Dulux water based white.

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: DULUX WATER BASED PAINT SAFE FOR BABY COT

I'm not an expert on this @katrinakate and appreciate your baby's health/safety is paramount so do the research that make syou feel comfortable but my understanding is as low as it's water-based and no VOC you should be fine. Avoid acrylic and oil-based paints.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Is Dulux water-based paint safe for baby cot?

Welcome to Workshop @katrinakate. It's great to have you join us. We trust you'll get loads of helpful advice and project inspiration from our amazing community members. Feel free to post whenever you need assistance with a home improvement project or have something to share.

Great to see you have received such a prompt response from Pete on this issue. I'll now hand over to other members who might like to share their opinions. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects