Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kids bedroom upgrade

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

Kids bedroom upgrade

Unfortunately my 2nd child drew the short straw with her bedroom. The layout creates a smaller area to work with and the location means it gets the least amount of sunlight. After much planning we were able to come up with a design and colour theme that would help brighten the room but also give the appearance of more space. 
I painted all the timber white, extended the height to provide more space for her to move freely underneath it. Then used the Flexi storage oak shelves for decoration - as I used these for her shelving it helped complete the rooms colour theme. My daughter went from hating her room, to now loving her own space!! At the end of the day that’s what it’s all about.

** The rest of the room still needs to be finished, but the hard part is done.

F89A0E39-1B15-43DA-8F2D-960F6C5F323F.jpeg9FD1BC48-3918-4D32-82B1-CCD7C649EF65.jpeg02A01755-DE7F-46BA-B8EC-88535BD47EF3.jpeg8FA26A74-C9BD-4AF8-8CE0-A4E994104AC2.jpeg

25262718-3573-4A78-B4E7-7EA77BFDFFE5.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Kids Bedroom upgrade

Really clever use of space @Tara86! Were you working from any particular set of plans, or did you just make the loft bed up to suit?

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Kids bedroom upgrade

Great result @Tara86. It looks like an excellent use of limited space. Many thanks for sharing.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
KevinMall
Making a Splash

Re: Kids bedroom upgrade

Wow !! Well done 👍

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects