Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Living room feature wall: From blah to blue

Tocikjaa
Building a Reputation

Living room feature wall: From blah to blue

IMG_1303.JPG

Moved into a furnished property, but to say the decor was not to my taste is an understatement. We were running out of places to store our indoor plants, and so we decided to integrate shelving into a feature wall. We ended up going with Castile blue for the wall colour. To make the shelves we used 2 x 2.4m DAR pine and hung them with plywood brackets - available at Bunnings. The shelves and brackets were also painted with Castile prior to hanging. 

We updated the couch, coffee table, and rug - it looks and feels like a new room. Most importantly, it has my dog's seal of approval. 

*FYI: the original furniture is in storage, and the owner approved all the changes before we went ahead with everything. 

63465243357__FD1671DA-5C0B-4034-A7A4-BC3742D19A04.JPG

63465247008__32A9B4DD-943A-4B6E-BEE7-912EA11024B9.JPG

Eloise
Cultivating a Following

Re: From 'blah' to 'blue'

Amazing what a bit of paint can do! Very neat. I also give it a tick if approval. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Living room feature wall: From blah to blue

Wow, that's awesome @Tocikjaa! Such a remarkable improvement you've made and it looks so much more inviting now. I trust you are just delighted with the results.

Amazing work and many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tocikjaa
Building a Reputation

Re: Living room feature wall: From blah to blue

Thanks @MitchellMc 

Yes, we are very happy with the end result. Crazy what a difference a lick of paint can make. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects