Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Living room remodel

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Living room remodel

Hi all 

After moving into our new place mid to late last year, we spent the first few months doing bits and pieces to the whole house.

Here is an update of the living room. 

After 

20230104_171849.jpg

20230104_181517.jpg

20230104_171242.jpg

Before

l-RayWhite-8760482-6.jpg

20220809_172218.jpg

We had our work cut out for us with the state of the property but soldiered on.

We installed  VJ100 panels on the feature wall plus new skirting. Panels really good to work with and easy to install with a nail gun.

20220910_153512.jpg

20220915_162023.jpg

We then painted the walls, trims and ceiling using Dulux Paints and the Ozito airless spray gun. This helped manage the time frames for painting the whole house.

20220925_133157.jpg

20220930_123839.jpg

Originally we were planning on installing timber floors but decided to simply replace the existing carpets instead.

20221005_174613.jpg

We finally moved in with a few minor touches to be completed.

Cheers all

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Living room remodel

Incredible project @diy_hausdesigns!

You have created such an inviting space by building your feature wall in an otherwise lifeless room. I like how you kept it light and bright and contrasted it with your decor and stunning sofa. When you used your spray gun did you need to go back over the walls/ceiling with a roller or did the gun do the job? 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @KatieC 

We are happy with how it worked out too and love our extra extra large couch haha!

I used they spray gun for the walls only. I must say, I did use the roller on some parts  and will need it in some other sections later on. Definitely not the easiest tool but very efficient ☺️

Kind regards 

Rufaro 

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns

Hello @diy_hausdesigns

What a beautiful transformation, just looking at those chairs has already made me feel relaxed. Excellent preparation for the spray painting, the walls look flawless.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects