Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Looking for 2200mm Milamine color board

Akbarfarhan
Just Starting Out

Looking for 2200mm Milamine color board

Hi,

I am looking for Melamine color board bigger than 1800mm. I want to build my walk in robe shelves at a height of 2200mm. In bunnings,  I don't see boards bigger than 1800mm.

Please advise.

TIA

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Looking for 2200mm Milamine color board

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Akbarfarhan. It's amazing to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about melamine board.

Unfortunately, 1800mm high is the largest Colourboard the manufacturer produces. You could potentially glue inBuilt 3mm x 2440 x 1220mm Melamine Colourboard onto a sheet of Trade Essentials 2400 x 1200 x 16mm Standard Particle Board Panel and then cut it to your required size. We also have the edging to suit as well. However, that might be a bit more work than you were anticipating. 

Were you able to construct the robe shelves out of two sheets of Colourboard and connect them together with a batten over the join? Perhaps this could be a location for a shelf to conceal the join. I've put together a rendering of a unit where you could join sections. If you were to construct an 1800mm unit, you could then place a 400mm high unit on top to reach your 2200mm. I've illustrated the two sections in different colours.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects