Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Marble-effect side table using Dulux effects range

lauraahearn
Building a Reputation

Marble-effect side table using Dulux effects range

06C4205A-C42B-4AB4-9A5E-E8B5D97C10C4.jpeg

One of my favs so far, using Dulux effects gold marble effect spray paint! 

Snapped up a pack of gloss Johnson tiles to replicate a tiled side table in marble finish. Using x4 small indoor plant pots for the feet, I created this look for under $50! 🤍

Akanksha
Projects Editor
Projects Editor

Re: Marble-effect side table using Dulux effects range

Another terrific project, @lauraahearn., congratulations! It's one of my favourites of your work so far too. Not just for the dazzling gold marble effect, but also for the ingenious use of the small indoor plant pots for the feet. How did you come up with this idea?

Once again, congratulations on this cost-effective and beautiful project. Look forward to more of your work.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

This is so cool @lauraahearn! How did you get it to have the marble look? What did you use to connect the tiles and planters? 

Katie

lauraahearn
Building a Reputation

Thankyou @Akanksha @KatieC. i had a really fun time creating this! I first used a plastic primer from Dulux, then purchased their marble effect. I used my own style however looked up marble tables and tried to replicate the way the marble looks. 

I love Nordic design, and I have seen tables with rounded feet / elevated using really cool design techniques so I thought of this one on my own, using pots which replicated a very similar look. I find the style I like to create across furniture design is very expensive at retail price. My next project will be an up cycle so watch this space 😊

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @lauraahearn

What a great-looking side table. Did you build a timber frame for that or did you just glue the side of the tiles together? That marble spray effect is just awesome and using the plastic primer to prepare the surface of the tiles is quite clever.

Thank you for sharing such an amazing side table.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects