Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Master bedroom makeover

MakeItYours
Bunnings
Bunnings

Master bedroom makeover

BedroomHero.jpg

This week it’s the Master Bedroom that’s gets a makeover, courtesy of D.I.Y. style queen, Geneva Vanderzeil. This savvy designer is all about showing people how to create a room that looks and feels expensive but isn’t.

“I’ve got a one year-old, so I know how hard it is to find time," Geneva says. "So all the projects are affordable, quick and easy,” she says. Geneva gives our bland, beige bedroom a “coastal luxe” feel, adding different textures by using hessian, installing VJ wall panelling and adding some gorgeous sheer drapes. 

She also modernises the room by updating wardrobe handles, refreshing window finishes and totally transforming the way the room feels by adding a panelled feature wall. Rounding out the look is a gorgeous statement fan and some beautiful up-cycled furniture. There's even a hand-made bedhead, with all materials purchased at Bunnings. 

Geneva had some help from Bunnings team members who can show you how to transform your own home via easy-to-follow how-to videos.

Enjoy this week’s transformation!

Before and after bedroom makeoverBefore and after bedroom makeover

Kados
Finding My Feet

Re: Master bedroom makeover

Is there a list of products used in this makeover?  I am interested to know what handles were used on the wardrobe doors.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Workshop community @Kados. I'd be happy to assist you with your question.

I am not aware of the exact handle, but I can certainly make some timely enquiries for you.

My first thought was Kaboodle, although Kaboodle 256mm Brushed Stainless Steel Bar Handles are the closest match I can find. The ones in the video appear to be almost a grey/blue colour. Gainsborough also does a range of 600mm Matt Black G4 Series Oblong Pull Set Handles, but once again they are in black.

Please let me know if either of these handles are suitable for your needs, if not I am happy to make enquires as to the ones used in the video.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Kados.

The handles used on the wardrobe cupboard are Lemaar 450 x 25mm Black Back To Back Rectangle Entry Handle Set.

If you have further questions or need assistance, please let me know.

Mitchell

Kados
Finding My Feet

Thanks so much for following up @MitchellMc 

ron3alex
Cultivating a Following

Hi

i am planning to put the VJ Panel to one of my bedroom

does the panels come in different sizes ?

can i also hire the staple screw gun used in the video ?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ron3alex. It's amazing that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question.

Here's our complete range of Easycraft wall and ceiling lining boards. You'll find they come in various sizes and patterns, so I'm sure there will be something that suits your needs. Generally, you would want to select the largest board possible, so you have minimal joins across the surface.

They are using a trim master gas bradder nail gun in the video. We have them for hire, and they'll make quick work of installing your lining boards.

If you haven't seen it already you'll need to checkout @ProjectPete's recent discussion on his recessed TV feature wall with easyVJ panels. The finish he achieved is sensational.  

I really look forward to following along with your project. Please feel free to let us know if you need any assistance with it. We're here to help.

Mitchell

cat2
Just Starting Out

What is the product description /code for the raining holding the bedhead please? 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @cat2,

Many thanks for your interest and a warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us. 

Details for this project can be found here - How to make a hessian bedhead. I will also embed the video below. 

The railing is just a curtain rod, with curtain rod brackets and end caps. Let me tag our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL who might be able to provide links to the exact products used. 

Thanks again,

Jason

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @cat2

Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your query about the railing holding the bedhead.

The railing is composed of three parts.

If you are planning to make your own bedhead please keep us updated. I'm sure our members are keen to see your project as you build it.

Here is a link to the bedhead project: How to make a hessian bedhead

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects