Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

My new project - coffee table restoration

Wouldy
Making a Splash

My new project - coffee table restoration

I have had this sitting in my shed for about two weeks. It was given to me by a friend. Apparently a child was using it as a huge swing in a garage. 

I have free reign with this one and it us mine to keep. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. Those chairs were a massive job on my own and I needed a break. I do not want to work as hard on this project as I did with the chairs. Obviously it is going to be a coffee table. At least I can take my time with this. 

IMG20210117182757.jpg

IMG20210117182744.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: My new project

Hi @Wouldy,

You might like to consider using a laminated panel and cutting it to suit with a jigsaw. If you wanted to get really fancy, you could then use a router to round over the corners. I believe this would be a simple and effective way to put the coffee table back into use; it would also give you a break from your last project.

I'll be keen to see what you do with it.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: My new project

@MitchellMc 

Thank you for the suggestions. I will keep it in mind. I'm going to my local library today to see what books they have on woodworking. 

I'm not ready to get back into the workshop yet. These are my near future projects though. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects