Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor coffee table with DIY chalk paint

daniknight4
Becoming a Leader

Outdoor coffee table with DIY chalk paint

Untitled7.png

I bought this coffee table on the facebook marketplace to paint white to match the other outdoor furniture that I intended to paint. I thought I would experiment and make my own chalk paint. This was the first time using chalk paint at all so I didn't really know what the texture was supposed to be but it was so easy to make and gorgeous to use. I ended up applying three coats, sanding in between each and then applying beeswax. This was actually the third piece of furniture that I have transformed for the back patio. Now it is all finished and looks wonderful...if I do say so myself:) LOL I thought I may as well add this to my posts because it was the first one I did and I love it! I also have a link to a video on the transformation

Untitled1.pngI cleaned it with barkeepers friend and then sugarsoap to prepare for the paint.I cleaned it with barkeepers friend and then sugarsoap to prepare for the paint.Untitled3.pngThe first of three coats of my homemade chalk paint. Loved the texture although I did have to keep adding a little splash of water every so often.The first of three coats of my homemade chalk paint. Loved the texture although I did have to keep adding a little splash of water every so often.Untitled5.pngThe final step was a coat of beeswax which I had never used before but was easy to apply.The final step was a coat of beeswax which I had never used before but was easy to apply.Untitled7.pngA bit boho?A bit boho?Untitled9.png

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Outdoor coffee table with DIY chalk paint

@daniknight4 that is an amazing transformation, looks fantastic.

Love the video too.

Great job, I usually find my re do furniture on the roadside.

Keep up the good work.

Re: Outdoor coffee table with DIY chalk paint

Thank you so much. Yes if you can get it for free all the better. There are so many things for free on facebook, this was $20 which I didn't think was too bad:)

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects