Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Recycling used furniture

Nham
Becoming a Leader

Recycling used furniture

Just as new!Just as new!

Hi Everyone,

I found this small stool/utility table at vinnies for $10 and thought it would make a nice addition to our home. The frame was solid wood, but the top was MDF which had water damage. 

I replaced the top with leftover pine (non-structural pine) from a previous project and then painted the frame (Dulux white on white, Gloss). I fixed the wood onto the frame using Selleys Liquid Nails, sanded the surface with 80 grit then 220 grit, and applied three coats using a water base varnish (Timber Protect Gloss One Coat Clear Water Based Varnish).

It turned out pretty good and we get to recycled as well. 

20210402_170355.jpgRaw pine for the topRaw pine for the top20210402_173214.jpg 

Stuardo
Becoming a Leader

Re: Recycling used furniture

Hey @Nham , That is a nice little recycle job with a big impact, love it. The thick chunks of pine for the top works well.

Stuart.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Another awesome job. Many thanks for sharing @Nham. Love your work.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Nham 

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop. That is an excellent project and an excellent save. Not only did you prevent this piece from going to the landfill you gave it new life and a fantastic new look. That wood grain really sets it off and goes very well with the legs.

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Prawns
Becoming a Leader

Your version looks alot better than the original I reckon - Nice work :smile: 

ironbark
Building a Reputation

Wow , that's certainly an improvement - well done.

Jan

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects