Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Restoration of 1940's chair

Wouldy
Making a Splash

Restoration of 1940's chair

FB_IMG_1639998742430.jpg

This is my next project. I'm going to take this one very slow. This chair is a special one with many stories behind it. A lady was giving it away and I nabbed it for a bottle of wine. It's been with me for two months. Just been very ill, busy and such to get to it. I'm ready now. This is my hobby and it helps me to take my mind off things and have a break from thinking, responsibilities and such. 

The lady who parted with this chair said that it was her grandmother's chair. She had many of nd memories of sitting on the chair tying her shoes. I promised it was going to a good home where it would be safe and much loved. 

The chair.needs to be reupholstered and the body needs work but I'm going to keep it as original as possible. As I said, I'm going to take this one slow. I'm looking forward to it though. 

When I need some advice or have updates, I'll post back here. 

Wouldy

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Restoario of 1940's chair

Sounds like a beautiful project with plenty of sentimental value. Those are the best kind. Keep us updated on your progress, and reach out if you need assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects