Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Revamped barn door & vintage dresser

Patsy60
Getting Established

Revamped barn door & vintage dresser

We had installed the beachy styled barn door many years ago. I wanted a refresh, as I was loving pinks more & more. So a lick of beautiful fuchsia coloured paint, combined with up cycled vintage door ware & faux stick on window film, we got the look we were wanting. It’s now a real statement piece. 

I also revamped the vintage dresser into our bathroom cabinet. And up-cycled an old bed head into a mirror.

Materials

Fuchsia Paint. Pink paint. Roller hardware. Basin. Taps. Old bed head revamped into a mirror.

Tools

Paint brushes & drill & a sander.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Revamped barn door & vintage dresser

Hello @Patsy60 

Thank you so much for sharing your revamped barn door and vintage dresser project. Wow! Those colours really pop out and grab your attention. It certainly has given that entrance a different perspective and has really given it a more exciting look and feel. The dresser, door and mirror frame complete the look and gives it a uniform theme. What brand of paint did you use for the door and cabinetry? Did you have to take the door off, or did you just paint it in location?

Again, thank you for sharing such a wonderful revamp.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: Revamped barn door & vintage dresser

Afternoon @Patsy60 

:smile: Your "faux stick on window film" caught me! lol I thought "man thats a nice leadlight they have put in there" :smile:  Its taken three looks to maybe se ethat it isnt real! 

Nice way to bring it up!

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects