Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Sideboard dresser makeover using paint and fabric

Wendyjoyhall
Building a Reputation

Sideboard dresser makeover using paint and fabric

Again, this was on old piece picked up for not much. Lots of sanding, good sealer undercoat and then 3 topcoats. Drawers lined with a dramatic fabric using simple PVA.  Didn't take a "before" photo but it was an old dressing table with big ugly mirror!

20210209_173701.jpg

20210209_173628.jpg

  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Sideboard dresser makeover using paint and fabric

You've created a really stylish piece there, @Wendyjoyhall. That splash of pizzazz inside the drawers is just the icing on the cake. 

The paint finish looks exceptional. What paint did you use, and what roller did you use to apply it?

Many thanks for sharing, and well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitch.  Thank you.  Just used an interior acrylic recommended to me by the great paint department at Traralgon Bunnings and a small microfiber roller.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Wendyjoyhall

I just wanted to add how you've upcycled this dresser is so impressive. The two contrasting colours and the surprising pattern inside the drawers really draw the eye to look and explore. It's so retro, but it gives a very modern vibe once you open those drawers.

Thank you for sharing this upcycle project with us.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Wendyjoyhall
Building a Reputation

Sideboard/dresser

Picked this one up cheaply too. Had a big mirror which I removed to keep it streamlined.  Sanded and prepped the woodwork and painted Matt black them lined the drawers with a snappy black and white fabric. Highlighted timber surrounds with crisp white for a contemporary finish. 

20210209_173701.jpg

20210209_173628.jpg

20210209_173637.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects