Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Smart hybrid flooring installation

RAW
Growing in Experience

Smart hybrid flooring installation

20210626_222021.jpgNew Loungeroom Hybrid Plank Install.

We have yellow tongue floor on a steel frame, so went with a plywood layer between to reduce the bounce factor (and noise). The floor is Smart Home Products Hybrid Flooring in Artic 

( https://www.bunnings.com.au/smart-home-products-2-42m-arctic-waterproof-aquaguard-hybrid-planks_p014... )

Tools needed:

Knee guards

Sharp knife

Spare blades

Pencil

Straight edge

Masonite packers

Rubber hammer

Flooring 😬

Skirting boards

Jigsaw

20210626_222043.jpg

20210626_222021.jpg

The pattern repeats, but not in the same location on the boards. We would lay a row at a time and then have to view it from all angles to ensure we didn't have an accidental match up (some are inverted as well 🤯). We messed up one, but it will be under a radiator 🙄 eventually. 

As it's a new room, we didn't have to use the quad lengths to hide the gap along the edge; instead we used low profile bullnose skirting to match the rest of the house. 

Google how to stagger the boards and use up the end off cuts for the start of every other row. Smart have a QR code on the front of the box which links you to this and the tricks on how to click them properly. They do pop, you will need to run your hand over the run every now and then to check that's it's smooth. 

They cut with the straight edge and a knife, the jigsaw was for around the entrance and to cut the last board long edge side for the finish up at the end. 

20210627_102259.jpg

This is an upcoming job. We will be dropping off this transition strip at a powdercoaters to be made satin black and then will install at the loungeroom entrance. Consider dog help an optional extra.

20210626_160158.jpg

Walls: Tranquil Retreat

Trim: Water based enamel satin white

Windows: Rustoleum Satin black

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Smart hybrid flooring installation

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @RAW. It's great to have you join us.

Thanks for sharing so much detail about how you tackled this project and some of the challenges along the way. The end result is incredible and you've done an excellent job. 

We'd love to see updates as you finish up this room.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Prk1
Finding My Feet

Hi. I am considering using the smart home products hybrid flooring in an apartment through the living, bedroom and kitchen areas. I can see that you put yours in a few years ago. Having used it for a while can you provide some feedback on what you think of it? Have you had any problems and would you recommend using it? Thanks for your help. Paul

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Wow I love this !!! I love the colour change, Also I can’t take my eyes off the window frame ! The black is outstanding !!!!!!!!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects