Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

TV cabinet using Vic Ash and dowel

Kn140964
Growing in Experience

TV cabinet using Vic Ash and dowel

Finished cabinetFinished cabinetDrawers on each endDrawers on each endWorking out the curvesWorking out the curves22B057E5-AA25-48E7-9015-90F159CC66D4.jpegAdding the drawersAdding the drawers3155BFD5-A2E5-4D43-95E9-DCFF68A8E92F.jpeg79EDBCF0-D413-4EF7-8B80-B8475032CFC4.jpegI was looking to upgrade my TV cabinet and I had some left over vi ash from another project. I had made two tall tables using the half dowels and I thought it would be great to match. I’m so please with the result. I used black Japan stain to get the colour I was after and finished with a few coats of clear satin. The top is Mdf with a faux marble finish, hopefully one day I can replace with real marble

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Tv Cabinet

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Kn140964. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your amazing project.

I love the design you've gone with, and it's wonderful to see you build the whole unit yourself. I trust our members will also be exceptionally interested in the faux marble finish on the MDF. Please tell us more, and could you post a couple of closeup pics? It's looking particularly impressive, and I'd be thrilled to learn more.

Many thanks for sharing, and we look forward to seeing what other fabulous projects you contribute to the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kruss
Just Starting Out

Re: TV cabinet using Vic Ash and dowel

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: TV cabinet using Vic Ash and dowel

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Kruss. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about this wonderful project.

If you'd be interested in learning more about how you could create something similar, feel free to ask any questions you have. We'd all be more than willing to assist, and I trust @Kn140964 would love to see you replicate their project. As this is a D.I.Y. community encompassing all of Australia and New Zealand, and the likelihood of @Kn140964 being near your location is quite low, it's not the best place to commission pieces. Perhaps you might like to look towards services like hipages or Airtasker to advertise the job.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects