Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

TV unit upcycle with Rattan doors

jesscoe11
Finding My Feet

TV unit upcycle with Rattan doors

54D7C94D-E579-4F97-8E1D-F0FAB0002BEE.jpeg

After finding this bargain on Facebook marketplace my imagination ran wild with ideas of what I could do! I found this Tv unit for $20 and went straight to Bunnings to buy porter paints Mist in eggshell finish and god to work. Sanding back the top until it was the natural timber with my ozito sander was a breeze and then prepping for painting. I gave it 3 coats and then added brushed gold handles and rattan to the doors. I think it turned out amazingly well! All with the help of Bunnings Darwin 

190B68F7-2C44-4C42-94C3-E2194B803CA4.jpeg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: TV unit upcycle with Rattan doors

Hello @jesscoe11,

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! We're thrilled to have you here and join our ever-growing community of like-minded members who regularly share their creative D.I.Y. projects and exchange handy tips.

I must say, you've got a keen eye for spotting the potential in dated furniture and upcycling them - that TV unit is beautiful, and looks right out of a designer furniture store. Great decision to add in those brushed gold handles with the rattan, it's made for a luxe and classy combination. I won't be surprised if a creative project like this makes it to our Top Ideas D.I.Y Projects or Featured Projects one day. What was your favourite part of this upcycling project? Any words of advice for members wanting to replicate it?

Keep up the great work, and looking forward to your next project. 

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects